Brits have always done things a tad differently. Driving on the left-hand side of the road, calling elevators “lifts” and bathrooms “loos,” adding a “u” to words like “colour” and, well, there’s that whole Royal Family thing.
But when it comes to wireless charging, the English are as charged up about it as the rest of us. Today, Starbucks opened up a new flagship location in London fully equipped with Powermat Charging Spots. With the addition of this new location on Upper St. Martin’s Lane, that means Powermat wireless charging is now available at ten Starbucks stores in London.
You see, just like the rest of us, the British were a bit knackered at always having to find a wall outlet when their smartphone battery ran out of juice. And that’s only if they remembered their phone charger in the first place.
Now, with Powermat technology, Brits can slip into a Starbucks and charge their phone wirelessly at designated areas on tables and countertops. The process is the same in jolly old England as it is in the U.S. Simply download the Powermat app, buy a Ring that fits your phone in a color (or “colour”) that fits your style, and charge away. Unless of course you have wirelessly charging embedded in your new smartphone. In that case, all you need to give your phone some much-needed juice is the app.
Below, you can see a full list of Starbucks locations in London where wireless charging is available. You can also find your nearest Powermat charging spot here.
Until next time, Keep Calm and Charge On!
- 99 St Martins Lane, London, WC2N 4AS
- 22-23 Princes Street, London, W1B 2LY
- Unit 1A Euston Tower, 286 Euston Road, London, NW1 3DP
- 10 Kingway, Unit B2, St Catherines House, London, WC2B 6LH
- 150 Fleet Street, London EC4A 2DQ, United Kingdom
- 52 Berkeley St, London, W1J 8ET
- 159 Great Portland Street, London, W1N 5FD
- 60 - 66 Wardour Street, London, W1F 0TA
- Kings Cross - Pentonville Road (296) - London
- 17 Moorgate, London EC2R 6PH, United Kingdom